There’s no shortage of information on the Internet, but not all of it is helpful. Here’s a list of resources with relevant and useful content for SaaS businesses.
(no particular order):
- SaaS Capital – research/analysis of SaaS trends and MRR financing.
- SaaSOptics – subscription management software, revenue recognition, and billing.
- Tomasz Tunguz – frequent posts about SaaS and start-up topics from a venture capitalist.
- Martin Wolf – M&A Advisory firm focused on the mid-market IT industry. Publishes The Scoreboard (median multiples of different IT segments) and reports analyzing the stock market and M&A activity for several IT segments (including SaaS).
- The SaaS CFO – downloadable Excel templates for financial modeling.
- Subscription Economy Index – articles about the subscription economy spanning multiple industries.
- SaaStr – a blog from the people who put on the SaaStr Annual, the world’s largest SaaS gathering. Post content regularly on Twitter as well.
- Christoph Janz of Point Nine Capital – articles for SaaS startups from a current venture capitalist and former entrepreneur. Author of the SaaS Funding Napkin and Five Ways to Build a $100 Million Business.
- For Entrepreneurs by David Skok – articles and research aimed at SaaS entrepreneurs.
- Carta – a provider of cap table management software and 409A stock valuations. They also have a blog with articles on funding and valuation.
- Silicon Valley Business Journal – news and current events with a tech focus.
- Harvard Business Review – current articles and research on all kinds of business topics and industries.